*Sigh* Missing you all!

His account would still show up on his IP.

Not true. For one Woot rarely ever IP bans anyone on survival. Also even if he did, 99 percent of residential internet is not on a static IP and changes every week or so.

Just buy a new account dude and let bygones be bygones.

It is a pretty silly idea to try to use something to cheat in a $20 game. That shows a weakness of character.

Alright I am going to share a story.

A group of us were in eagle pass right there in front of the church by the town portal. It was woot and a few of the other well known classic guys. I talked about how I used to go around and set unprotected servers on fire (back when fire spread rapidly and inevitably). Woot jokingly said "remind me to ban you later" and went on to explain that if you get banned on other servers and get a bad rep you will often times get banned on T9K (much like hallucinationx). We went on to talk about how even if someone bought a new account woot can still IP ban. He said something along the lines about how he doesn't do IP bans on survival and if someone created a new account he wouldn't care.

Also there would be no way of proving that the new account is the same individual as before unless:

He admitted to it
Woot can see IP addresses of forum users and this individual was recently on the forums
The guy is on a static IP (unlikely)

Regardless of what he did if he keeps his mouth shut and buys a new account there isn't much anyone can do about it, regardless of him cheating. I think the reason IP bans are so common on classic is because it is free and people can just spam accounts.

I always considered buying a new account to surpass my rep problems. But I decided 20$ can be used on more important things.
I agree, but I am thinking that I'm being tricked cause I had friends come to my house and play Minecraft on my computer and they are banned now. Sooo..... That is VERY risky cause I could just be easliy wasteing 20 bucks.

I was looking at the Team9000 map today watching relaxingbedo run my town and I felt like that I was going to cry! I really screwed up everything with that STUPID gay mod! I wish I never let that guy join my town and I told someone that my friend had 50 diamond blocks and the other guy said "I bet he's using x-ray" and I said "he would never do tha!" But he did and I be relaxingbedo said the same about me when he was told about my ban. I miss you relaxingbedo! ;(

Alright I am going to share a story.

A group of us were in eagle pass right there in front of the church by the town portal. It was woot and a few of the other well known classic guys. I talked about how I used to go around and set unprotected servers on fire (back when fire spread rapidly and inevitably). Woot jokingly said "remind me to ban you later" and went on to explain that if you get banned on other servers and get a bad rep you will often times get banned on T9K (much like hallucinationx). We went on to talk about how even if someone bought a new account woot can still IP ban. He said something along the lines about how he doesn't do IP bans on survival and if someone created a new account he wouldn't care.

Also there would be no way of proving that the new account is the same individual as before unless:

He admitted to it
Woot can see IP addresses of forum users and this individual was recently on the forums
The guy is on a static IP (unlikely)

Regardless of what he did if he keeps his mouth shut and buys a new account there isn't much anyone can do about it, regardless of him cheating. I think the reason IP bans are so common on classic is because it is free and people can just spam accounts.
It's okay for me. Atleast McBans isn't made for classic.

Back