• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Important Changes Coming to T9k Minecraft

I approve of these changes. I may start playing minecraft again.

@Crane I assume the reason for the wipe is because grief will not be monitored, and I remember our in-between survival worlds that didn't have a plot system or towny. It was grieved terribly. I like the freedom that the new survival gives and the opportunity to start over every few weeks.

@Arkastian
If it takes you two weeks to build a dirt hut with a furnace, you are not playing the game right. At all.

I agree, 2 weeks seems a little short, but that's 26 wipes a year
And with one at the end of every month, that's 12 wipes a year

In retrospect, I now agree that it should be the end of every month... but I like the sound of two weeks, strangely.

I'm on the line about it,
There's only one way to find out if it's good or bad.

Why? Why is this happening? I worked hard on my farm, I ain't bout to just, let it go... I can't believe everything I liked bout this server, is goin down next week... This is gonna be horrible, my farm is gonna be destroyed, my work and animals, my iron and potions and everything else, is gonna be gone ;( I can't believe this, this is horrible, my work in the farm is where my pride is, and it's gonna be wiped clean, why're they doing this?!

Have to agree with 2 weeks being far too little, people play to build big. I can't see anyone wanting to invest 2 weeks in building relatively small and rushing around, only to have it deleted when they finish.

It seems like there will be no long term userbase for survival whatsoever.

This pleases me greatly. Finally stirring up the survival soup, though two weeks seems more like putting egg-beaters to it. Creative will be glorious, I cannot wait to see those builds. I need to find some spare time now.

Interesting.

Two things:

One: Two weeks is way too short
Two: Please tell me there will be more ways to get credits than just voting (unless the amount of credits gained by voting is drastically increased, or the price for a plot is drastically lowered).

Wait will the PVP area look like the wilderness in RS? You should try worldediting one in from somebodys custom map that would be pretty awesome.

@Hal I'm working on using the Terrain Control bukkit mod to make us have a very exciting world, seeing if I can create a "Wilderness" biome that would cross the world after a certain latitude.

I don't like this at all. Everything I have worked hard for in the survival world, gone... all the buildings, all of everything... please reconsider.

@EpicEnderMiner Judging by your join date, this is the first wipe here you've been through. We all have feelings like this, but they'll go away when you get used to the new system.

not happy about wipe, but hey ill find something new to do. :) you guys live long and prosper in your new worlds. =)

Back