• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Important Changes Coming to T9k Minecraft

Was hoping to see something like a Tekkit, FTB, or other sort of modded server so there are a LOT more things to implement whilst in creative... but hey, I might actually start giving a shit about SMP now.

@Ustulo, I have been playing on the survival server since early 2012. I just recently made a forums account. And I remember loving to play on that server; I remember all of the hard work I put into the town. And then, in June, it was all gone. Everything. All of the hard work I had done dissapeared in that one terrifying instant. I don't want it to happen again.

I think it would be better if there was a way to keep your survival inventory between two week wipes. Although I'll never use the feature...

@EpicEnderMinder Okay. When it happens a few more times you'll get used to it. It's fun to rebuild, and not sit on wealth :)

How will the creative map work? Will it be a real terrain map or will it be flat? I definitely hope that the creative map will have actual terrain.

You should also put a few resources that are only found in the pvp area. That way the pvp area is always full with people to kill.

And that plugin that kill people when they log out in combat would be pretty cool too.

@Ustulo As you can see, I sit on my wealth and/or fan myself with it :( Oh well, I can build stuff in creative and pretend I'm using all the stuff I mined in the 1.0 world but never used.

I hope the creative map is not flat - it's no challenge to build on if it is - although I bet lots of people hope it IS flat.

I like the sound of this, but I think that, if survival's gonna be wiped every two weeks, at least add the option to sell survival materials like diamonds so there's more of a use to go there.

@Cheese Maybe by playing survival, people on the creative server could gain surplus credits?

Also woot, do you think if some of us created a map with more interesting terrain, we could use it for the survival world?

@Conrod Spot on, buddy. As others have said, two weeks is too short, but I guess the actual frequency of wipes will depend on how quickly the survival world is "depleted". I too am worried that survival will become desolate, due to the constant threat of griefers, thieves, and what not. But we'll see.

With regards to the wipe, I've been ready for the wipe for some time now. While I did have further plans for my town, I'd rather have the T9K Minecraft veterans back than have a perfect town. Those who stuck it out in this world saw how even in the most challenging conditions, utopias can still be built, and a vibrant community and player-based economy can still develop. I believe this will be true for the creative building world.

Anyways, hope to see you guys in the next world soon. At least my specialty of 3-D sculptures will be more useful in creative. :D

EDIT: One thing I will miss are utilitarian builds. Farms, grinders, storage houses, shops, log stacking machines, railways and stations will have no place in the creative world since they have no real use.

will this be 1.4.6 cause it sucks i cant go on team 9000 server i have tried most things post reply if u know an idea to help me

If we can have a survival and a creative on the same server. Why can we not have a third world similar to the last one? Or would I be able to go to creative and disable my creative mode?

@oozinator Agreed, I will miss the utilitarian builds, that's pretty much all I've ever done. I guess I can still do them, they'll just be a bit more pointless than they were before :)

Constant threat of griefers in the survival world? Hmm, so you're expecting to NOT have people raiding your base? I was assuming that raids (i.e. grief) might have been part of the PvP aspect.

@DOS There's always safezones. Hopefully the dynamic map will only be on the creative server/ perm survival server, so your actions will go by unseen.

Here's my honest opinion on this: I think that this wipe is really stupid. Team9000 is my favorite survival server, and I just was getting settled into my house when I heard about this wipe happening. I have a lot of Diamond Armor/Tools and other resources I want to keep after this "Wipe" occurs, but I'd like to AT LEAST keep my 165 credits that I currently have and be reimbursed the other 350 credits that I spent on my house and private plot so that I can buy a new one after the wipe. I am not a big fan of this server being changed to creative, since creative servers are not nearly as fun as survival servers and the builds are not as impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't like "The New, Improved Version" as much as the original that I have been playing on for less than 6 months. I heard that the map was going to be published as a single player world download, and I'd like to know where I can get that so I can fix up my house and continue playing on the original map that we all know and love. If not, then I guess I'll just find another multiplayer server to go on although no other servers can compare to Team9000 the way it is right now.
-Diemundz

Back