• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Petition against wipes every 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkastian

Ok guys, let me start off by saying this:

I'm neither supporting nor opposing the upcoming wipe. I've worked hard for months, with the goal being a 4-plot Dragon Temple in ultra-premium, which would require 15k creds.

It would be huge, with the one and only Dragon Egg in it.

I also spent months to build a nice town, and running a busy shop. I got headaches frequently because I was so busy, but I had the Temple in mind, I had something to work towards.

I just told you all this to show that I´m gonna lose A LOT with the wipe, but I just accept it, since I cannot prevent it.

A wipe will also mean a new beginning, with new possibilities, and with this thought in the back of my head, I accept the wipe and actually look forward to a new beginning.

Though there´s 1 thing I completely disagree with: a wipe every 2 weeks;

The idea of Survival (and Minecraft in general) is to build up things. Work for something (sometimes really hard&long) to get something truely beautiful. A wipe every 2 weeks takes the point out of Minecraft, it won't be worth it to build something huge, since it will be wiped just after you finish building it.

I know Sonic/Woot already said the 2-week thing won't happen, but even 1 month is too short of a time to build something up.

I suggest to not wipe regularly. What I propose is that we wipe only incidently, (for example when many feel it's needed) or every 6+ months. If you know everything you do will be undone in a few months, will you really try hard to build anything that takes more than a few hours to build? I know I won't.

Thanks for reading, if you agree, pelase like the post, if you disagree, feel free to explain why.

Arkastian.

This petition will not pass.

I was listening to Wooty and a few members over mumble discussing it. They decided frequent wipes are the most reasonable option.

I am not going to sign.

Not signing.

I believe the wipes should be a little less frequent than two weeks, but I'm against what you're proposing.

The reason for the wipes every two weeks is probably because griefing is allowed. And with griefing allowed it's hectic. TNT, fire and shit everywhere. And the reason for griefing is most likely because "MOST" of the people looking forward to the new server are people who don't like towns. And most other protection systems I've seen are pretty nasty and broken. (Look up Pstones if you dont beleive me lol) I'm sure there's reasons behind everything, and a complete change is best for the server.

I will not sign either.

I wanna form a group of people that practically are nomads. They wander around and pvp people while making temporary settlements.

Survival is not for building giant towns or massive projects now. Creative is.

Survival is finally back to being about SURVIVING
That being said:
Bastion in creative, meh...i've seen as good.
Bastion when you know every block had to be earned, amazing.

Also, I don't mind either way, I just think 2 weeks is too often. Some people would like a little more time to work on projects. Maybe not massive ones like before, but yeah.

I'm actually in a hard position deciding whether I would stay after the wipe or not. This server so far has fulfilled the needs one can look for regarding a survival server.

If you are a hard worker, you can prevail over others. Creative mode on the other hand gives a whole new view towards the server. Means less work to improve/show off your town , surely no work regarding the "gathering of materials" and turns the whole game into "easy" mode which at the end of the day like some other people mentioned, focuses on other things. Things such as PvP, No safe Zones, less buggy clients and so on and so forth.

Though this wipe again comes up to the fact that those who enjoyed survival will quit (or at least most of them), and those who prefer the creative mode will be more interested now. In other words those that prefer an easy, frequently wipe server will surely find their haven. And the rest of us who wanted to focus on larger projects that required patience and moreover time will surely feel out of bounds.

Anyhow, a decision has been made and I'm pretty sure it won't change. Its been a good run and I'm glad I had a server to rely on regarding the survival bit. I'm pretty sure I'll check the new server out but I'm also confident that what I'm looking for in a minecraft server, won't be found in T9K.

Alas, my duties shall continue on the wonderful already existing free mode creative server T9K offers where I will provide my services.

/sign

Creative mode on the other hand gives a whole new view towards the server. Means less work to improve/show off your town , surely no work regarding the "gathering of materials" and turns the whole game into "easy" mode which at the end of the day like some other people mentioned, focuses on other things.

It's not really what I would have asked for in a server, but on the other hand, I spent months in the 1.0 world gathering resources and planning builds which I never got to make, and then of the little time I spent in the current world I only did mining too. I'm never going to get all those resources back again, so I guess it might be nice to play in creative mode and actually get to do some builds without starting the resource gathering cycle a 3rd time - I guess I'll find out soon whether I like that! I'm not sure if anyone else has similar feelings, or maybe everyone else is smart enough to not wait around too long before they start building stuff on T9K :)

The purpose behind the wipes every two weeks (tentatively, it'll probably be more like 3-6 weeks) is for the staff and co. to try new things after each wipe. New things like different plugins for different types of survival modes. This'll slightly pique my interests in the new map. We'll see.

If you truly want to the goal of working months and months of building something use the creative server (which WILL be protected against grief) or go offline and make something awesome and post it on the forums (if world download is allowed that is). either way a large chuck of people dislike how the current system operates and this whip and the schedule will provide fresh new opportunistic on a biweekly basis. Who knows maybe one of the many modes wooty/ staff concoct will be even more enjoyable than the current system. I say lets give this system a chance for a bit and see what happens, who knows it might bring players back to minecraft (myself included)

So basically I'm not signing this petition for reasons I and others have stated...

I disagree. I want all the new features offered in the upcoming survival. And if more wipes are needed to make that happen then I'm in full support. Personally, I never build time consuming things in survival. Plus, there is the new creative world where you'll be able to build your fancy builds.

In my honest opinion, It doesn't matter to me whether fantastic structures are made in survival or creative; it is still YOUR build, something you can call your own. People say it won't be as fun or satisfying to build humongous or impressive builds on creative because it doesn't take any time to get any of the resources for that build. I recognize that feeling of accomplishment; It does end up taking you to new places to explore for resources.

I've built and helped build a few things on this server like The Mother Tree of Caprica, and My still yet to have a roof Mansion (I might build it this week, who knows. If you want to see what the completed version looks like click here) and the Strip Club in the Venice District soon to be complete. In all cases, we helped each other build these things. The point I am trying to make is that whether you built it in survival or creative, you wanted to build something, and you built it, you could build it with friends and have a jolly good time doing so.

With all this said, I support tentative wipes for the reasons stated in this thread plus, the survival world is not protected at all, so to keep it from looking like complete and utter destruction for a long period of time *cough* mining world *cough* we get a fresh new map to completely and utterly destroy again and again. :p

Survival was meant for surviving, not about building awesome things and then saying "now what?" That's the whole purpose of Creative. I admit I have never gotten to experience what Survival Mode was like before 1.0 in multiplayer, and this could be the first chance, but with so many more possibilities than before; and I imagine this excites some of the more well-known members of the community as well. I know the vast majority of players currently playing on the server will probably not agree with my views on this, but this is where I stand. I'm going to miss New Venice of Caprica, and all the work we put into it for sure; but it will never be forgotten. We must look forward to the future and that is why I embrace the new changes as they currently are.

TL; DR: I support the new changes, and will not sign this petition.

I think that the dragon temple would be an excellent creation.
However, this obviously won't go through.
Even if you make and complete a petition, I doubt that Wooty will change the upcoming server idea because at least more than half the people on t9k are supporting the new wipe. I've separately listed the people who think Sonic's plan is a good idea, and the vast majority are people who have experienced many wipes, so they obviously know the outcome. In June, survival was wiped due to a "hacker" (Not sure of the complete story) and I was devastated. However, the sorrow didn't last for long, because new towns arose and grew strong again.
In my opinion, Team9000 is NOT about the buildings. It's about the people who help make them possible. Because even if the world is destroyed, members of t9k and their memories will live on, undisputed, as glorious as the towns themselves.
I don't love the new wipe, but it's life.
Not signing the petition. (But the dragon temple sounds like a good idea; you should build one in the new Creative world). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back