• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Petition against wipes every 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all will see what me and Arkastian are talkin bout when it happens, everything will be demolished, there will only be bedrock left, Arkastian agrees with me, everyone will take the no grief protection too far, it'll be he'll, trust me and Arkastian, if ya don't, you understand when it happens

Listen to me! Gee whiz! I'm tryin to say, if we wipe the server every 2 weeks, we won't even be able to get to the nether, let alone get a good real farm goin, let alone gettin a mine goin! We'll only be able to get a little camp, maybe a house goin, we won't even be able to build anything special, it'll be very hectic, and I don't want that

The point of the wipe every two weeks, aaaaaand I'll say it again, is for sonic and co. to try different things each wipe. They'll be new rules, new maps, new plugins, after each wipe. They'll be trying out new and different things for people to try. One week it may be a skyblock map and the next it might be a nether world, etc.

Aaaaaaaand I'll say this again too. Knowing sonic, the wipe most likely won't occur every 2 weeks. It'll probably be more like every 3-6 weeks.

The point is, the new short-term survival is not going to be your typical vanilla minecraft. The goal will not be to establish homes or farms or build amazing structures... It will simply be- Slaughter, maim, kill, rape, pillage, and burn everything in sight.

You all will see what me and Arkastian are talkin bout when it happens, everything will be demolished, there will only be bedrock left, Arkastian agrees with me, everyone will take the no grief protection too far, it'll be he'll, trust me and Arkastian, if ya don't, you understand when it happens
What the hell are you talking about?
:confused:

What the hell, are you talkin bout?
You are obviously new here. We've HAD a world that had absolutely no protections. It existed for over a month. What you're talking about never happened, except within spitting distance of spawn.

Also, with a complete fresh start, I can get to the nether within 15 minutes. So you're bloody slow. Go play creative.

While I prefer long term survival, I'm not gonna knock this idea until I try it. I will hold off on signing the petition until this stuff actually happens. I actually kinda liked the 1.8 world and all it's chaos. It kept you on your toes.

Yeah, about the nether, getting there really isn't that hard or time-consuming. Servers that limit flint and steel make activating the portal a bit challenging, but it's not impossible (if firespread can activate one).

The point of the wipe every two weeks, aaaaaand I'll say it again, is for sonic and co. to try different things each wipe. They'll be new rules, new maps, new plugins, after each wipe. They'll be trying out new and different things for people to try. One week it may be a skyblock map and the next it might be a nether world, etc.

Aaaaaaaand I'll say this again too. Knowing sonic, the wipe most likely won't occur every 2 weeks. It'll probably be more like every 3-6 weeks.

The point is, the new short-term survival is not going to be your typical vanilla minecraft. The goal will not be to establish homes or farms or build amazing structures... It will simply be- Slaughter, maim, kill, rape, pillage, and burn everything in sight.

The Survival World is going to essentially be a Chaos server that also doubles as a "Sandbox" for trying new things for future T9K Minecraft Servers. This will make future servers funner to play on because they will have Original Mechanics that have been tested and work.

You can think of the Survival/Chaos world as a Beta for the next server.

I am NOT signing this petition.

This reminds me of when that old guy in 2011 was talking about a rapture.

Listen to me! Gee whiz! I'm tryin to say, if we wipe the server every 2 weeks, we won't even be able to get to the nether, let alone get a good real farm goin, let alone gettin a mine goin! We'll only be able to get a little camp, maybe a house goin, we won't even be able to build anything special, it'll be very hectic, and I don't want that
HAHAHAHAH

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHH

THAT SLAPS ME ON THE KNEE

Now, I'm terrible at Minecraft. I'll be the first to say that. I invest no time in the game; I'd rather spend time playing useful games like TF2.
Yeah I went there.

But even I can do better than that.

I can build a "good real farm" in 30 minutes.
I can get a mine going in another 5.
I could get to the Nether in another 25.

In the space of another hour, I'd probably be doing touchy-OCD bits, which is what I always do.

It's really not very hard to do stuff.
And hell, you would have people helping you. So cut the time down by half - three times - four times - five times
THE MIND BOGGLES

You're assuming that everything will go to shit when the wipes come, too, which is unlikely.
Because you'll still have the player alliances and you'll get used to it.
Come on, it's like a challenge,
How fast can you get a settlement going?

This is the stuff I live for!
Something tangible to work for in Survival.
Fuck fancy settlements and shit - this is like a time trial, Rainbow Road up in this bitch.

I'm going to watch you all and be having fun making beautiful little houses over and over again
And at the end of two weeks,
SET IT ON FIRE

And do it all again.

I'm not an artisan,
I'm not a massively skilled player,
But I can do this and this is cool.

If I can do this you can do this too.

Most of WorldHub was pretty well formed in the first two weeks.
Imagine that.

Your move, new kid.
This reminds me of when that old guy in 2011 was talking about a rapture.
This.
If we could all get to bedrock in a single world in two weeks,
That would be an achievement.

I'd like to point out the Firethorn/xanxul/etc period of time, next to no grief protection whatsoever and griefing was kept at a minute level.

HAHAHAHAH

OOHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AHHHH

THAT SLAPS ME ON THE KNEE

Now, I'm terrible at Minecraft. I'll be the first to say that. I invest no time in the game; I'd rather spend time playing useful games like TF2.
Yeah I went there.

But even I can do better than that.

I can build a "good real farm" in 30 minutes.
I can get a mine going in another 5.
I could get to the Nether in another 25.

In the space of another hour, I'd probably be doing touchy-OCD bits, which is what I always do.

It's really not very hard to do stuff.
And hell, you would have people helping you. So cut the time down by half - three times - four times - five times
THE MIND BOGGLES

You're assuming that everything will go to shit when the wipes come, too, which is unlikely.
Because you'll still have the player alliances and you'll get used to it.
Come on, it's like a challenge,
How fast can you get a settlement going?

This is the stuff I live for!
Something tangible to work for in Survival.
Fuck fancy settlements and shit - this is like a time trial, Rainbow Road up in this bitch.

I'm going to watch you all and be having fun making beautiful little houses over and over again
And at the end of two weeks,
SET IT ON FIRE

And do it all again.

I'm not an artisan,
I'm not a massively skilled player,
But I can do this and this is cool.

If I can do this you can do this too.

Most of WorldHub was pretty well formed in the first two weeks.
Imagine that.

Your move, new kid.

This.
If we could all get to bedrock in a single world in two weeks,
That would be an achievement.
If you 'live for this', then you have no life at all... I mean, seriously, just wow... WorldHub was built by a lotta people, everyone will whip your ass because of PvP, you won't even be able to get a tree chopped down because of PvP, people will gang up on you, it won't be very fun at all, I might even gang up on ya because you're bein such an idiot, and you're soooooo clueless... I hope and pray that ya get a life, and you also see what me and Arkastian see, because a bunch o' people see what me and Arkastian see, just not the stubborn idiots like y'all...

I don't want wipes every 2 weeks, but I want wipes. Every month would be Ideal in my opinion, but I am not wooty. He is in charge.

If you 'live for this', then you have no life at all... I mean, seriously, just wow... WorldHub was built by a lotta people, everyone will whip your ass because of PvP, you won't even be able to get a tree chopped down because of PvP, people will gang up on you, it won't be very fun at all, I might even gang up on ya because you're bein such an idiot, and you're soooooo clueless... I hope and pray that ya get a life, and you also see what me and Arkastian see, because a bunch o' people see what me and Arkastian see, just not the stubborn idiots like y'all...
......you're an idiot. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If you even paid attention at all you'd know PvP will be limited to a certain part of the Survival world. Also, I doubt Ark or really anyone else is actually on your side here. It's not a great change, but you're making it out to be over9000 times worse.

I'm kinda looking forward to it. I mean, think about it. People can band together, and form alliances. I remember in the 1.8 world I was in thee's /McFar's village. We had to build a wall around the settlement and make repairs where creepers and grief had happened. We repaired stuff, some people took up guard duty. We actually had to defend ourselves from monsters at night. We farmed inside the village for food. The jurisdiction for griefers in terms of punishment was, I think, being set on fire (though I'm probably wrong, I don't even know if we could use fire in that world). It was fun; we were kept on our toes. I remember once that the entire village was heavily griefed but we didn't give up; we repaired what we could with the materials we had. It was fun.

And if you think of it this way; people could band together and build their settlements in the pvp part of the world. If someone decided to try to take apart your settlement, you could take them out in combat. It sounds fun.

I think I can chop down a tree.
I'm pretty good at chopping down trees.

PvP's only going to be a very small part of the world.
And if people are going to gang up on me, I'm more than prepared. I've got wits, traps and mates.
And if you want to take me on, come at me brah, I'm more than happy to smite you.

And what's this about "life"? A desire to not sustain a virtual world for more than a fortnight precisely to avoid such vast settlements where soul-less individuals pour thousands of hours into maintaining...

I think I'm showing a respect for, and a healthy maintenance, of "life".

I'm not the one being stubborn here. I'm the one pushing for the change that Woot's already said is going to happen. I'm agreeing with the guy who owns the site and the servers; I'm applauding his changes, I'm looking for the bright side!

This is not some 2012 situation. There are not going to be holes down to bedrock or shit-hitting-the-fan levels of mayhem.
...Because the server will be wiped if that happens because it's going to be wiped every two weeks
DON'T YOU GET IT

And this is about testing new things.
It may not end up being like that.
This is Woot's mere postulation.
We'll see how things go.

Harden the fuck up, Redneck. If you want to play Survival on Team9000, stop bellyaching about what's already going to happen.

Analyze the facts and get your head straight.

Get some mates together and plan ahead,
Make sure you know what you're doing.
If you want to make a little town then do that. It's going to get wiped. So what.
You'll have the chance to do something new in a fortnight.

I'm not clueless, I've got a plan and I'm going to have fun with it. :sneaky:

I'm kinda looking forward to it. I mean, think about it. People can band together, and form alliances. I remember in the 1.8 world I was in thee's /McFar's village. We had to build a wall around the settlement and make repairs where creepers and grief had happened. We repaired stuff, some people took up guard duty. We actually had to defend ourselves from monsters at night. We farmed inside the village for food. The jurisdiction for griefers in terms of punishment was, I think, being set on fire (though I'm probably wrong, I don't even know if we could use fire in that world). It was fun; we were kept on our toes. I remember once that the entire village was heavily griefed but we didn't give up; we repaired what we could with the materials we had. It was fun.

And if you think of it this way; people could band together and build their settlements in the pvp part of the world. If someone decided to try to take apart your settlement, you could take them out in combat. It sounds fun.
When Mcfar left the town (can't remember his reasoning), Tbarius took over as mayor and started up our large farms and began the wall. 2 grief hits to our beloved town later and he decided enough was enough and decided to leave town.

Then I decided to put my name on the wall as mayor.

While I was mayor I made it my job (thats right, I thought of it as a job. not a leisurely activity) to repair EVERYTHING in the town if it got hit, including taking screenshots of people's homes, gathering materials all day, and repairing the houses to 100% exactly the way they were before the attacks and reinforced the wall to multiple fences high and multi-thick.

I let anyone into the town, but I kept very strict rules and building codes. I would even move the entire fenceling to make room for any size house. But if I thought they were going against those guidelines I had in place, they would get a warning. Two warnings were issued to each player at any given time before I took action and effectively exiled them from Bull's Head (the town). I would place down a chest and instruct anyone who was being exiled to place ALL of their items into the chest, and that when I felt they were finally ready to cut their shit and play nice, I would let them access the chest and retrieve their belongings. I made sure nothing was ever tampered with in those chests.

If they refused, I lit them on fire with flint and steel and took possession of their shit.

A lot of people viewed me as a good mayor, but I guess that all depends on what side the coin landed on, eh?

All in all, as Avi said, we were kept on our toes. Bull's Head survived right up until the wipe even after every other settlement was burned to the ground because, what little members we had left in the town, we banded together.

We would all pitch in and help rebuild if we were online, everyone helped each other and it was really peaceful.

Most interesting tidbit:
We were maybe 2000 blocks from spawn at most in that world. Dedication and hard work keeps ya safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back