• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Petition against wipes every 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to disagree with this petition as well.

Change and adaptability are aspects that the server has been missing since towny was implemented and frankly I think these aspects are needed in order to promote a healthy and stable server. When I first joined the server back in alpha my goal was to experience SURVIVAL with others and it was fun due to the situations that arose were unexpected and that we, the players, had to adapt to these situations in ways that are limited in the current system being used.

I'm glad the server will be returning or heading towards the raw potential that a SURVIVAL server has and the excessive amount of fun that this brings. There's no doubt in my mind that the current system is good in it's own right but there is always room for improvement and I believe that this change is for the better.

I'll definitely return to playing survival after I get a new computer and if the aforementioned wipe is implemented.

I sign Ark, I don't want to have a wipe every 2 weeks, nor do I want this wipe to happen, since we can't really stop the wipe, I kinda want to get some stuff done after this wipe, not get everything gone every 2 weeks, it'll be hard to even build a mansion in 2 weeks, let alone 3 weeks, I think we should wipe every 6-8 months, that would be more reasonable. Guys, listen to reason, if we wanted to sometime make another Bastion, it would take a month or two, right? If we had everyone on T9K maybe we could do it in 2 weeks, but probably not, everyone wouldn't want to build Bastion, so we should make it wipe every 6-8 months, I'm not signin just because Ark's a good friend, I'm signin because wipin every 2 weeks, is absurd, it's completely absurd, guys, lets do somethin here, and sign this petition, this might not even work, we don't know, hopefully it will, Wooty reads every list made throughout the forums, people who ain't sure bout signin or not, I encourage you to sign, and people who want to sign but are nervous, what can they do to you except for hate you? I'm hated by bout everyone on here! But it don't matter, I'm still signin!

Signed,
crazy1rednck

I think that the dragon temple would be an excellent creation.
However, this obviously won't go through.
Even if you make and complete a petition, I doubt that Wooty will change the upcoming server idea because at least more than half the people on t9k are supporting the new wipe. I've separately listed the people who think Sonic's plan is a good idea, and the vast majority are people who have experienced many wipes, so they obviously know the outcome. In June, survival was wiped due to a "hacker" (Not sure of the complete story) and I was devastated. However, the sorrow didn't last for long, because new towns arose and grew strong again.
In my opinion, Team9000 is NOT about the buildings. It's about the people who help make them possible. Because even if the world is destroyed, members of t9k and their memories will live on, undisputed, as glorious as the towns themselves.
I don't love the new wipe, but it's life.
Not signing the petition. (But the dragon temple sounds like a good idea; you should build one in the new Creative world). :p
Cactus, I just met ya, but I gotta say, if we had just 2 weeks, we probably couldn't make a Dragon Temple in just 2 weeks, this is gonna be BIG! Not little, like it would in 2 weeks, I just met ya this afternoon, but we need at least a month every wipe, I'd rather 6-8 months at a time though

I disagree, more wipes equals more fun.

You're new here, so I don't expect you to understand,
But the rush of players getting together at the start of a new map is glorious.

Imagine doing that every two weeks.

That's a godsend to my ears.

This is your first wipe so you really have no perspective.
I ain't a new as you think...

[...] if we wanted to sometime make another Bastion, it would take a month or two, right? If we had everyone on T9K maybe we could do it in 2 weeks, but probably not, everyone wouldn't want to build Bastion, so we should make it wipe every 6-8 months [...]

...or you could build Bastion in creative, which isn't going to be wiped frequently, right?

...or you could build Bastion in creative, which isn't going to be wiped frequently, right?
And make it even more glorious than it ever was.

DOS is right.

Bastion has always been planned out on Creative anyway, so it would be built there in any case.

I am expecting this on the homepage if threads like these keep going on:

"Survival removed"

"Survival server was removed due to complaining and is being replaced to host every MLP episode and its fan fictions."

Listen to me! Gee whiz! I'm tryin to say, if we wipe the server every 2 weeks, we won't even be able to get to the nether, let alone get a good real farm goin, let alone gettin a mine goin! We'll only be able to get a little camp, maybe a house goin, we won't even be able to build anything special, it'll be very hectic, and I don't want that

It's a lot more challenging if there's a time limit. In this kind of scenario, me and maybe some other folk could team up for a weekend for the challenge of building something in the shortest time possible. We could make our own rules of play/build, and create new settlements based on different styles and rulesets, like build on top of jungle trees or around a single pylon to the skies. It's also not as demanding or dedicated as longterm worlds, so groups can mingle and join for short term projects.

It's a lot more challenging if there's a time limit. In this kind of scenario, me and maybe some other folk could team up for a weekend for the challenge of building something in the shortest time possible. We could make our own rules of play/build, and create new settlements based on different styles and rulesets, like build on top of jungle trees or around a single pylon to the skies. It's also not as demanding or dedicated as longterm worlds, so groups can mingle and join for short term projects.
Yes, the more dangerous and forced-to-team-up aspects will be fun, but there won´t be any settlements if griefing is allowed. A wipe every 2 weeks is fine if we want to make this a faction-vs-faction server, but you can´t build like a fortress or anything, it'll be one big wasteland, griefed to oblivion. At elast make every person able to purchase 1 plot, so we can build somewhat of a base, make the rest wilderness with pvp.

Yes, the more dangerous and forced-to-team-up aspects will be fun, but there won´t be any settlements if griefing is allowed. A wipe every 2 weeks is fine if we want to make this a faction-vs-faction server, but you can´t build like a fortress or anything, it'll be one big wasteland, griefed to oblivion. At elast make every person able to purchase 1 plot, so we can build somewhat of a base, make the rest wilderness with pvp.
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back