• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Petition against wipes every 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mcfar left the town (can't remember his reasoning), either Tbarius or Ustulo took over as mayor (someone verify please). 2 grief hits to our beloved town later and they decided enough was enough and decided to leave town.

Then I decided to put my name on the wall as mayor.

While I was mayor I made it my job (thats right, I thought of it as a job. not a leisurely activity) to repair EVERYTHING in the town if it got hit, including taking screenshots of people's homes, gathering materials all day, and repairing the houses to 100% exactly the way they were before the attacks.

I let anyone into the town, but I kept very strict rules and building codes. If I thought they were going against those guidelines I had in place, they would get a warning. Two warnings were issued to each player at any given time before I took action and effectively exiled them from Bull's Head (the town). I would place down a chest and instruct anyone who was being exiled to place ALL of their items into the chest, and that when I felt they were finally ready to cut their shit and play nice, I would let them access the chest and retrieve their belongings. I made sure nothing was ever tampered with in those chests.

If they refused, I lit them on fire with flint and steel and took possession of their shit.

A lot of people viewed me as a good mayor, but I guess that all depends on what side the coin landed on, eh?

All in all, as Avi said, we were kept on our toes. Bull's Head survived right up until the wipe even after every other settlement was burned to the ground because, what little members we had left in the town, we banded together.

We would all pitch in and help rebuild if we were online, everyone helped each other and it was really peaceful.

Most interesting tidbit:
We were maybe 2000 blocks from spawn at most in that world. Dedication and hard work keeps ya safe.
That was Tbarius I believe. I worked more with Petra, and then Mooville, eventually moving to Dutchy's little vault.

We were maybe 2000 blocks from spawn at most in that world. Dedication and hard work keeps ya safe.
Wait, wasn't Mooville at like 7000, 4000? And Terraville was about 6000 blocks from spawn :confused:

Although, the prosperous "spawn cities" never strayed further than a thousand or two blocks from spawn.

I'm not signing,

Change is good, its true that its sad all of are hard work on towns will be gone but hey you enjoy them.
lots of good memories so take some pictures, wooty will later make a downloadable file for you to keep.
now get ready for something new, thats why everyone is commenting on coming back because there was a time
that it was getting boring and woot is trying to make it fun, less problems, less headache, more choices and best of
all its something different. if the wipe becomes a problem woot will adjust that . the man works hard and at the
same time he does the favor of improving are gaming experiences. So man up and get ready for something new.
if you don't like it then deal with it . And if Woot is reading this, sounds like a plan bro :thumbsup:
and for this Petition (which you miss spelled) :thumbsdown:

let the games begin!
2l1P5.gif

Arkastian is most definitely on my side, somewhat, anyway, I suddenly hate y'all, y'all are just pissin me off (again...) for no real reason, I hate it, and I'm sick and tired of it, I'm gonna ignore y'all and I'll be doin somethin good for me and you both. Been nice knowin ya (NOT!!!)!

It think most of you should just leave, if all of you want to play the crappy factions servers than go ahead there is a huge list of them on minestatus .com but this Team9000 Survival where things are as they are supposed to be.

It think most of you should just leave, if all of you want to play the crappy factions servers than go ahead there is a huge list of them on minestatus .com but this Team9000 Survival where things are as they are supposed to be.
There is a big difference between factions and having a tiny area where PvP is allowed.

Also, Mr. Whoevenareyou, I don't think you should be telling long-time members of Team9000 to leave, because you think Survival shouldn't have any sort of survival aspect.

Lol there is no factions though. PVP = factions instantly?

T9K is headed where it's supposed to. Off of the broken land protection plugins and into a fun, disposable world server. I suppose you haven't seen the server before all the stupid towns were added and people decided to build unnecessary elaborate things for absolutely no reason, only to complain about it when the wipe that would, and is coming.

There is a big difference between factions and having a tiny area where PvP is allowed.

Also, Mr. Whoevenareyou, I don't think you should be telling long-time members of Team9000 to leave, because you think Survival shouldn't have any sort of survival aspect.
Okay, I think we hit a misunderstandin (all of us did a long time ago...), wipin the damn server every 2 weeks makes survival pointless

To be honest, there are two definitive sides in this debate which cannot be reconciled. Personally, I enjoy the aspect of gathering resources for massive, long-term builds. Viewpoints of building primarily in creative are equally valid for different reasons. While I oppose regular wipes, I am excited to try out the PVP aspect of Minecraft which I have neglected.

Minecraft is a game. By definition, the objective is entertainment. People are not bound to host servers in any particular way. If you don't like a particular server, then, by all means, don't waste your time playing on it. However, keep in mind to still give it a chance. You can count on me being on the new survival worlds. However, I will also continue to host small servers for my friends via Hamachi and play on singleplayer worlds. Perhaps I may join another server to fill the long-term survival gap. Perhaps a long-term world will be introduced. Whatever your reasoning, do what you enjoy. And please, don't ridicule others based on how they enjoy playing a computer game.

Hey i have been here for 7 months in my eyes that is quite a long time

7 months is nothing, that's how long it takes for some "finger lady banana" takes to fully grow. you gots long road ahead, my advice:
be careful what you do and say to long term members, its to watch and learn.

Okay, I think we hit a misunderstandin (all of us did a long time ago...), wipin the damn server every 2 weeks makes survival pointless
First of all, spelling "misunderstanding" and "wiping" correctly will not kill you. Second of all, if you had bothered to read Wooty's comments on the Survival Rant page, you'd know that another idea being tossed around was 2 survival worlds: the one that you're complaining about (for it's lack of permanence), and a possible permanent one. Third of all, stop being a stereotype.

Hey i have been here for 7 months in my eyes that is quite a long time
I've been here 15 1/2 months and still consider myself somewhat of a newcomer.

First of all, spelling "misunderstanding" and "wiping" correctly will not kill you. Second of all, if you had bothered to read Wooty's comments on the Survival Rant page, you'd know that another idea being tossed around was 2 survival worlds: the one that you're complaining about (for it's lack of permanence), and a possible permanent one. Third of all, stop being a stereotype.
Yeah... A 'possible' permanent, you ain't sure are ya? Ya said 'possible', you don't know for sure, you're guessin, and I ain't gonna spell stuff endin with 'ing' right, because I write it like I'd say it, so if ya want at least a ' at the end of it, it might make ya happy, I don't know, no idea... I DID read Wooty's comment, and I understand it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back