• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

How to rank up after builder?

nacklow

Man, it's been a while after playing Minecraft again. Anyways, just started getting back into Team9000 and Minecraft itself. So I'm ranked cool right now and at the moment, I'm trying to get to builder. I heard from other people saying that building cool things won't help you to rank up after builder. So I was just wondering, how do I rank up if I get to builder?

Man, it's been a while after playing Minecraft again. Anyways, just started getting back into Team9000 and Minecraft itself. So I'm ranked cool right now and at the moment, I'm trying to get to builder. I heard from other people saying that building cool things won't help you to rank up after builder. So I was just wondering, how do I rank up if I get to builder?
The rank after builder is engineer. This rank isn't earned by building, but by time, and the admins' trust, as you receive kicking privileges at engineer and are tasked with keeping the server nice and clean from the scum on minecraft . Only a select few make it to engineer, so consider it a massive achievement for those who do make it.

As the people above stated. Be patient, and earn trust from our admins. It takes lots of time though. But if you keep making it seem like you want the rank, your chance of being ranked goes down. so just play classic, report grief, and have fun.

In terms of being promoted from builder to engineer it really helps if you're active on our Mumble server, other than that the actual promotion process is a whole lot more complicated than just having a lot of time on the server.
What Im3Nuron said is true... If you ask for rank or are impatient regarding the promotion process and pressure us into promoting you, we'll most likely not consider you.

In short, specifically we look at;
_______________________________________________________________________________​

• Time online

• Maturity (You don't have to be over the age of 18 to be considered mature)

• How much you help others (Telling people to type /RULES regarding general info, adding water/lava to guest bulds when it's requested and answering any questions that you can)

• How you treat lower ranking members (If you're a a bit of a knob towards lower ranking members then we tend not to consider you)

• How much you help higher ranks in terms of grief/bannable offenses (If you don't check enough blocks with the history command and aren't sure that it is grief, then don't report it, if you do so without making sure, you're wasting our time) and if a new Cool world is needed.

• We also tend to base our promotions off suggestions from lower ranking moderators, if you come to us and suggest yourself we tend not to consider you.

When we promote users past the rank of builder, we spend a considerable amount of time evaluating the user beforehand.

Once the user is at the rank of Engineer, we will watch their actions closely. If the user abuses their powers or doesn't follow the lead of a higher ranking member regarding how to go about moderating. The user will either have a talking to or be demoted if it is necessary.

The promotion process to Awesome is practically the same as from Builder to Engineer, however we will randomly ask members on the server their opinion of you and if there are any issues that need to be ironed out.

_______________________________________________________________________________​

• How well you moderate the server

• If you're correctly checking history

• Please report grief via the /STAFF command before you kick for it

• How you deal with spammers, capslock users, users who swear (We will look down on you if you don't give them ample warning regarding what they're doing before kicking the user, also make sure to use the /WHERE command on the offending user, if they're on guest TP to them and check if they're being griefed, most of the time users who swear in Guest are either being griefed or are griefing)
Again, once the user is at the rank of Awesome, we will watch their actions closely. If the user abuses their powers or doesn't follow the lead of a higher ranking member regarding how to go about moderating. The user will either have a talking to or be demoted if it is necessary.

This is a jumbled mess coming from the top of my head, so if this is a little messy, sorry.
:)

In terms of being promoted from builder to engineer it really helps if you're active on our Mumble server, other than that the actual promotion process is a whole lot more complicated than just having a lot of time on the server.

What's your Mumble server? And how to go on it? Also what is it for? Sorry for asking many questions, just getting back to playing again on Team9000 and finding things out

I always wondered why a thread for promotions to engineer+ is never stickied in the "Promotions" subforum.

It seems like it would help clear things up for a lot of new builder-ranked.

What's your Mumble server? And how to go on it? Also what is it for? Sorry for asking many questions, just getting back to playing again on Team9000 and finding things out

Mumble is a program we use to hang out and voice chat with each other. If you'd like to know more about how to get mumble and connect to our server, go to the wiki and click mumble.

Or better yet, here: https://wiki.team9000.net/Mumble

What Im3Nuron said is true... If you ask for rank or are impatient regarding the promotion process and pressure us into promoting you, we'll most likely not consider you.

• Time online

• Maturity (You don't have to be over the age of 18 to be considered mature)

• How much you help others (Telling people to type /RULES regarding general info, adding water/lava to guest bulds when it's requested and answering any questions that you can)

• How you treat lower ranking members (If you're a a bit of a knob towards lower ranking members then we tend not to consider you)

• How much you help higher ranks in terms of grief/bannable offenses (If you don't check enough blocks with the history command and aren't sure that it is grief, then don't report it, if you do so without making sure, you're wasting our time) and if a new Cool world is needed.

When we promote users past the rank of builder, we spend a considerable amount of time evaluating the user beforehand.

Once the user is at the rank of Engineer, we will watch their actions closely. If the user abuses their powers or doesn't follow the lead of a higher ranking member regarding how to go about moderating. The user will either have a talking to or be demoted if it is necessary.

The promotion process to Awesome is practically the same as from Builder to Engineer, however we will randomly ask members on the server their opinion of you and if there are any issues that need to be ironed out.

• How well you moderate the server

• If you're correctly checking history

• Please report grief via the /STAFF command before you kick for it

• How you deal with spammers, capslock users, users who swear (We will look down on you if you don't give them ample warning regarding what they're doing before kicking the user, also make sure to use the /WHERE command on the offending user, if they're on guest TP to them and check if they're being griefed, most of the time users who swear in Guest are either being griefed or are griefing)
Again, once the user is at the rank of Awesome, we will watch their actions closely. If the user abuses their powers or doesn't follow the lead of a higher ranking member regarding how to go about moderating. The user will either have a talking to or be demoted if it is necessary.

This is a jumbled mess coming from the top of my head, so if this is a little messy, sorry.
:)
This is relevant to my interests. :)

I always wondered why a thread for promotions to engineer+ is never stickied in the "Promotions" subforum.

It seems like it would help clear things up for a lot of new builder-ranked.

If I may be frank for a moment: I think the reason there has never been a thread or anything stickied to the promo threads about moving beyond builder is because if you're asking about it on the forums, then you're probably not really ready for it anyways. Most users who get promo'd beyond builder are known amongst the admins, have a grasp for the rules and what is and isn't bannable. Also, the builder who is ready for Engineer has a certain degree of maturity. Granted, we all cut-up and have some fun with our powers from time-to-time, but giving kick powers to just anyone can have very bad results.

Hours is also helpful. I got told that players mostly get considered from 200+ hours and are only likely to recieve it at 400-ish hours

Back